- conduct our own research into the latest leadership development trends
- conduct specific research for our clients
- benefit from research done by fellow Specialised Centres at the GSB and other members of faculty.
Research is conducted either by our own staff at the Centre for Coaching, or through the resources at our disposal at the GSB, including MBA students who as part of their studies are required to complete an in-depth research report.
Below you will find a selection of client and academic research papers initiated through the Centre for Coaching, providing clients with an external and unbiased evaluation of the impact of what was implemented. You will also find interesting research provided by the International Coaching Federation.
Feel free to contact us on any specific needs, we are happy to answer your questions and explore the possibilities available.
- The impact of coaching on organisational change 2006 by Moira Farr
- Do coaching circles use the same methodology and lead to similar outcomes as action learning? 2011 by Nadia Barsch
- Coaching improves pass rates at UJ 2012 run by Janine Ahlers and Erica du Toit
- The impact of Integral Coaching on Toyota Malawi Ltd 2008 by Duncan Rupert Harrison
- A historiographical analysis of Integral Coaching 2011 by Mark Hartnady
- The impact of Integral Coaching on Toyota Malawi Ltd and Toyota Uganda Ltd 2009 by Karen Yodaiken
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a South African entrepreneur mentoring program 2016 by Benjamin Crede
- The impact of Integral Coaching on leadership development at Chevron Corporation South Africa as perceived by company’s managers and direct reports 2016 by Micha Nyczl
- The impact of coaching at Old Mutual Wealth – A Q-methodology study of employees’ views 2017 by Ferdi Oosthuizen
- Inspired moments – possibilities beyond management through integral coaching® by JMC Ahlers, CMB O’ Flaherty, G Howard & D Loos
- Coaching in an organisational context in South Africa by Craig O’Flaherty and Janine Ahlers
- Equipping Leaders to coach – an androgogic learning model by Craig O’ Flaherty
- Coaching in leadership development by Craig O’Flaherty and Janine Ahlers (O’Flaherty, C.M.B. and Everson, J.M.C. 2005. Coaching in Leadership Development. In Kagan, J. & Bohmert, A. (Ed). Brain-Based Executive Education. Johannesburg: Knowres Publishing).
- 2016 ICF global coaching study executive summary published by the
International Coach Federation click here for more
- 2020 ICF global coaching study executive summary published by the
International Coach Federation click here f0r more
- ICF snapshot study: COVID-19 and the coaching industry