Specialised Centre @ GSB
Building thought leadership and resources that inform the GSB’s academic programmes.
The University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business (GSB) is one of the oldest business schools in South Africa, having been established in 1964 on the University of Cape Town’s main campus in Rondebosch, Cape Town. Today, the GSB has its home at the Breakwater Campus close to Cape Town’s Waterfront and central business district.
The Centre for Coaching is a Specialised Centre based at the GSB campus and was established in 2001. Over the years, it has become a primary coach training institution and a respected home of coaching theory and practice. A key focus has been on the development of the Integral Coaching Philosophy and its application to leadership. Today, we can say with confidence that our integral leadership interventions, together with coaching, have become a recognised and successful business process for international corporations and organisations. Our track record shows that this combination catalyses powerful leadership as well as the emergence of aware, engaged leaders and employees.
The theoretical underpinnings of our work and
our teaching methodologies are aligned with
the academic rigour required at the GSB.
The spirit which the GSB espouses – namely to upskill leaders in emerging markets, thereby building a more economically prosperous, equitable and integrated context – is particularly relevant for the work we do at the Centre for Coaching. We have found that no matter where we go in the world, because the integral approach to leadership is so focussed on human beings and how they converse and engage with one another, the work we offer finds traction and resonates globally.
The University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business is one of just three triple-crowned business schools in Africa and one of less than 100 worldwide. The GSB has earned endorsements from the European Foundation for Management Development (EQUIS), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- EMBA ranked 46th in the world, and the best in Africa, QS Global EMBA Rankings 2019
- 51st in the world for Customised Programmes by the 2019 Financial Times’ Global Top 100
- EMBA ranked 47th in the world and the best in Africa, FT EMBA Rankings 2019
- Top business school in Africa, 9 years in a row by Eduniversal Rating Agency
- 1st African business school to win Gold in Professional Development category in 2019 EFMD Global Excellence in Practice Awards for customised executive education programmes
- Only African business school to feature in the 2019 Corporate Knights Better World MBA Ranking Top 40