Benefits of Coaching
Coaching is not another name for therapy – it is exclusively focused on the future and how to enable individuals to identify, prioritise, creatively problem-solve and implement choices around achieving their goals.
It works because it initiates a change in behaviour where the coachee chooses – unprompted – to respond differently to the world around them. They are not forced or manipulated into doing so, but rather internalise the discoveries about themselves and use this new knowledge to make conscious decisions about their daily actions and habits.
Coaching is effective specifically because it is designed to meet the unique needs and expectations of each individual. It can thus positively, effectively and permanently impact both the coachee and the company they work for.
Benefits to individuals
- Increased productivity
- Improved quality of work
- Improved relationships with both direct reports and supervisors
- Increased job satisfaction and a sense of fulfilment
- Greater adaptability
Benefits for organisations
- Improved individual performance
- Focused and effective development of people
- Increased retention of staff – specifically, coaching supports the retention of top performers as it enables these individuals to optimise their feelings of fulfilment in the workplace, and to find their own, authentic working and leadership style