Maria is a Certified Professional Integral Coach®, and Director of Centre for Coaching Consulting (Europe). She has worked as an executive and leadership coach for more than ten years, and has extensive experience of enabling leaders to be the very best they can be. Maria is particularly skilled at quickly grasping challenges faced, cutting through complexity and identifying pragmatic solutions.
She acts as a catalyst, enabling people to become ‘unstuck’ and to move forward. Her ability to hold multiple viewpoints enables her to empathise with the challenges faced by her clients, whilst also allowing her to challenge their assumptions.
As well as being internationally accredited as a coach and a coach supervisor, Maria also worked for many years in financial services, specialising in risk and client management. This gives her a unique insight into the challenges facing leaders.
Maria has coached across a wide range of professional services, including banking, insurance, consultancy, solicitors, manufacturing and entrepreneurs. She has worked in the UK, Switzerland, Egypt, Senegal, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Tanzania, Mauritius, Seychelles, Mozambique, Angola, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Uganda
- Head of Coaching and Mentoring, Barclays Africa
- Barclays Global Leadership Curriculum, Work stream Director
- Risk Integration Director, Absa Risk Chief of Staff, Barclays Africa
- A Deputy MD at a major bank had been told he would not be promoted until he improved relationships with his peers. Through working with Maria, he learned to balance his desire to drive through performance with the ability also to take his colleagues with him. He is now in an MD position.
- A senior lawyer had been told she was unapproachable, and would not be promoted. She was reluctant to change who she was, and be inauthentic. As a result of Maria’s coaching, she learned to show more of herself at work, whilst remaining results focused and professional. She was promoted before the end of the coaching programme.
• Professional Coaching Course – Graduate School of Business UCT
• Accredited Adfen Enneagram and Integrative Enneagram Debriefer
• Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF), having over 750 logged coaching hours.
• Coaching Supervision Diploma, Coaching Supervision Academy
• BA Honours French and Russian – Reading University
• MBA – Henley Business School
• Currently studying for MSC Coaching and Behavioural Change – Henley Business School
• Coaching available in English, French and Portuguese
• Hatha Yoga Instructor