Established in 2002, the Centre for Coaching – situated at the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, present in South Africa, Australia and now also in Switzerland – is a leading international executive coaching organisation. The Centre for Coaching links into over 25 years of cutting edge coaching course development and experience offered through alliance with New Ventures West in San Francisco. This provides access to international accreditation and practices.
In twelve years the Centre for Coaching has become a primary coach training institution and a respected home of coaching theory. Our purpose is to develop top quality one-on-one executive coaches as well as leaders who want to build coaching skills.
For this emerging industry to mature and gain the respect of the corporate world, there needs to be structure. The Centre for Coaching aims to support the development of this structure by being the de facto standard and benchmark for coaching excellence.
We do this in three different ways:
- Under the auspices of our learning partner, New Ventures West, our public coaching programmes are accredited through the International Coach Federation (ICF) as well as counting as continuing education units (CEUs) for the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- New Ventures West is one of the top coaching schools in the USA that has over 25 years of experience in teaching this style of coaching (integral coaching)
- The theoretical underpinnings of our work and our teaching methodologies are aligned with the academic rigour required at the GSB
In addition to our specialist focus on coaching, the Centre for Coaching is committed to ensuring that this philosophy and its application to leadership becomes a recognised business tool and is dedicated to spearheading the awareness, acceptance and growth of executive coaching and powerful leadership in organisations.
The Centre for Coaching goes about this in a number of different ways:-
- We offer top-calibre one-on-one executive coaches to those individuals and organisations seeking coaching.
- We consult to organisations wishing to invest in leadership development.
- We consult to organisations wishing to experience a transformational culture shift.
- We conduct research into the work we do both in corporate roll-outs and in our teaching.
Affiliated to New Ventures West:
We partner with New Ventures West, one of the top coaching schools in the USA, which has over 25 years of experience in teaching an integral approach to coaching. www.newventureswest.com.
“Coaching has enabled me to navigate a complex course of questions which have revealed some valuable truths. I can honestly say that the coaching experience has helped me to widen my scope of vision & separate the trees from the forest.”
Anthony Percival, General Manager, Auto logistics at Toyota Tsusho Africa, Durban